Candied Cinnamon Pecans
Candied cinnamon pecans are one of my favorite food items to get at the fair. But there’s no reason we have to wait until a fair or carnival to be able to eat this delicious treat. You can make them in your own home whenever you want. They’re simple, they use ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, and they’re quick to make.
And with the approaching fall holidays, these candied cinnamon pecans will make a great treat.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1lb pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large zip top bag.
- Whisk egg white, water and vanilla in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add pecans to egg white mixture and stir to combine, coating each pecan evenly.
- Pour coated pecans into zip top bag, seal and shake to fully coat in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Spread out in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Enjoy!