DIY Lotion Bars
Moisturize your skin without chemicals and unnatural ingredients. These lotion bars are great for anyone struggling with dry patches of skin or for those who just want softer skin. They’d make a great Mother’s Day gift too!
Lotion bars are so easy to make and only take 20 minutes from start to finish. You can make them small so you can slip them in your purse for when you’re on the go or you can make them larger for when you’re at home.
I used two different silicone molds that we have in our store. The flower shaped one is a silicone chocolate mold that you can use for more than just chocolate. The larger one is actually a silicone ice cube tray that makes actual large cubes. I only filled each cavity of this one about 1/3 full so I’d have more of a flat bar instead of a cube.
- 1/2 cup beeswax beads
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil (lavender oil is a great choice)
- silicone mold
- Heat beeswax beads and coconut oil in a microwave save bowl for about 3 minutes in the microwave; stir until completely melted.
- Add essential oil and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into silicone molds and allow to harden completely.
- Remove from molds.
- Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website.