We love the flavor of caramel and when it’s combined with apple juice it becomes an amazing, yet heartwarming beverage of love! Make this Hot Buttered Rum recipe today! We offer both the leaded and unleaded versions, so it’s perfectly safe for the kiddos!
We feature Torani’s Caramel Syrup in this recipe.
- 1/2 cup Torani caramel syrup
- 2 3/4 cups apple juice or cider
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the Torani Syrup, apple juice, and cinnamon to a slow simmer. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and allow to simmer until the butter has melted. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice (and rum if using). Divide the drink mixture into four of your favorite mugs and cut the remaining butter into four pieces and drop one piece into each mug. Dust with ground cinnamon or nutmeg and serve warm.
- In the leaded version, use 6 oz dark rum and 16 oz of apple juice or cider