Cloud bread is all the rage right now. It’s a perfect bread substitute for anybody on a low carb, low calorie, grain free, or gluten free diet.
Each “slice” is baked individually, making it look more like the top of a hamburger bun. These little breads are light and fluffy and the texture is pretty similar to regular bread. There is a difference in texture when you get into your mouth, but it’s not very noticeable.
I’ve used these cloud breads for pb&j’s, I’ve eaten them by themselves, spread honey butter on them, and made a sloppy joe out of one. They’re very versatile. Seriously, you can treat it just like regular bread!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 oz. cream cheese, very soft
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Mix egg yolks, cream cheese, and salt together in a separate bowl until mixture is smooth and has no visible cream cheese.
- Gently fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture, taking care not to deflate the egg whites.
- Carefully scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, forming 5 to 6 "buns".
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.