I like to see things in miniature. It’s just cute. So, I made these mini pies not just because they’re fun and cute, but because they’re the perfect size to fit in a Mother’s Day gift basket I’m putting together. I’m pairing these pies up with some Blueberry Lemon Scones that will end up being the best looking gift basket you’ve ever seen. But that’s a post of its own, so be on the watch for that in the next couple days.
We have these mini pie pans at our store and on our website. They come in a set of 4 and the couldn’t be cuter.
These pies were super simple to make. I really didn’t use any special recipe. Just my go-to pie crust recipe and some pre-made pie filling. Kitchen Kneads has these pastry fillings that come in squeeze bags. I use them all the time because they’re so handy and they taste pretty good. So I used the blueberry here, but you can use whatever flavor your gift basket recipient loves.
- 1 recipe pie crust
- Pie filling of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust according to your recipe.
- Roll a small portion of dough out to about 1/8-inch thick. Place in 5-inch mini pie pan. Repeat until all your pie pans are filled with dough.
- Fill each pie with your choice of pie filling.
- Make a lattice or double crust for each pie.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.