Old Fashion Caramel Corn
It’s time for county fairs, state fairs, and carnivals. Fair food is so yummy. But it’s also pricey. There’s no reason you can’t make some of those things yourself at home. Old fashion caramel corn is one of those treats you should be making at home, creating memories with your family.
And look at these cute popcorn boxes we have in our store! They’re so fun and absolutely perfect for serving caramel corn just like you’d find at a state fair. And at only $1.89 for a package of 10, there’s no reason not to get some.
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Spread the popcorn out onto 2 large baking sheets. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, cream of tartar, and salt in a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat. Stir constantly and bring to a boil for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the vanilla and baking soda. Pour the caramel over the popcorn and stir gently until all the kernels are coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan and break apart large clusters if desired. Cover the popcorn tightly once cooled.