Pressure Cooker Tailgate Pulled Pork Sliders
It’s football season in America again and those who worship the pigskin and those who love to eat the pig are constantly looking for a faster, better way to make large quantities of food that tastes really delicious. Well, you can look no further than your trusty Fagor USA Pressure Cooker!
You see, the key to a successful tailgate isn’t the time you spend in the parking lot of your favorite campus stadium. It’s the time you spend preparing at home before game day. Food trucks now-a-days are required to prepare all of their food in a commercial kitchen to keep food preparation issues low and overall public health at a maximum. It is our recommendation to do that same thing for your tailgate game day meal. Prepare 80-90% of it at home and then truck the almost final product with the appropriate sides to the site and finish preparation there. This will result in you having a better time with your guests and improving your social game at the same time by providing delicious tailgate cuisine.
- 2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon ancho powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Pat dry your pork shoulder and cut it into four large chunks about a half pound each.
- Rub them down with your seasonings.
- Heat a cast iron pan to medium heat and add olive oil. Sear each side of the pork shoulder, about 5-6 minutes or so.
- Set them into the pressure cooker and add water. Pressure cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Release steam.
- Shred the tender shoulder with forks and serve.