This dough is so easy — just give it time to rise and a couple of kneads later and it’s done! You should store it in an oiled bowl, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours. Always keep this recipe on hand for a quick and easy pizza night with the family!
- 2 tablespoons SAF instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the bowl
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- In your kitchen stand mixer combine warm water, yeast, sugar, oil, and salt.
- Add flour and mix until a sticky dough forms. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl and brush the top with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour. Place on a lightly floured work surface and gently knead 1 or 2 times before using.
- To freeze, wrap the dough in plastic and then freeze it in a resealable freezer bag for up to 3 months. If you plan to use it in a recipe that calls for half a batch, divide it before you freeze it.