Whole Almonds Raw
- Our fresh nuts are like no other.
- We use the best of quality, carry a larger size nut, refrigerated for even freshness, and our roasted nuts are done in-house with our special touch.
- No over roasted nuts here and only lightly salted.
- Available raw, roasted/salted, or roasted/no salt.
- (All nuts available in bulk/wholesale by request)
Health benefits of Almonds
• Almond nuts are rich sources of vitamins, and minerals and packed with numerous health-promoting phytochemicals. These nuts compose of well-balanced food principles that are essential for optimum health and wellness.
• Almonds are one of the complete sources of energy as well as nutrients. The nuts, especially, are rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic, and palmitoleic acids that help in lowering LDL or “bad cholesterol” and increasing HDL or “good cholesterol” in the human body. Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet, which is excellent in monounsaturated fatty acids, help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.
• The nuts are an excellent source of vitamin E; hold about 25 mg per 100 g (about 170% of RDA). Vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant, required for maintaining cell membrane integrity of mucous membranes and skin by protecting it from harmful effects of oxygen-free radicals.
• Almonds are free from gluten protein, and for the same reason, they are one of the popular ingredients in the preparation of gluten-free food formulas. Such formula preparations are, in fact, healthy alternatives in people with wheat food allergy, and celiac disease.
• The nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. Altogether, these vitamins work as co-factors for enzymes during cellular substrate metabolism inside the human body.
• Furthermore, almonds are also an incredible source of minerals such as manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
• Almond oil, extracted from the nuts, can be employed as an emollient. When applied regularly, it helps keep skin well protected from dryness. Additionally, the oil is used in cooking in Iran, and Turkey. It is also used as “carrier or base oil” in various traditional medicines, in aromatherapy, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic industries.
• A handful of almonds a day provides much of recommended levels of minerals, vitamins, and protein. Besides, almond oil extracted from the nuts has been used in cooking and medicine.