Here’s a festive, quick, and delicious treat you can make for St. Patrick’s Day. Everybody young and old will love this fun popcorn treat.
I’ve never had a better white chocolate popcorn than that which is covered with Kitchen Kneads White Caps and I’ll tell you why. It’s no ordinary white chocolate coating. It’s made with butterfat, which compliments the popcorn so well you’ll never want another white chocolate on your popcorn. Seriously. I’ve had others and it’s just not as good.
Here I’ve turned it green to make it festive for St. Patrick’s Day. To do this, I added about half a teaspoon of emerald green powdered food coloring to the melted White Caps. It is very important that when coloring chocolate that you use powdered food coloring only. Liquids, gels, and pastes will seize the chocolate.
I added some yellow sprinkles and green and white Sixlets to my popcorn to amp up the festive look. Isn’t it pretty?
- 1 cup popcorn kernels, unpopped
- 2 cups Kitchen Kneads White Caps, unmelted
- green powdered food coloring
- green and white Sixlets
- yellow sprinkles
- Pop popcorn; set aside. Melt White Caps in microwave on low in 30 second intervals, stirring at every interval until melted. Add as much or as little powdered food coloring as desired; stir to combine.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until evenly coated. Spread onto a sheet of parchment paper and scatter sprinkles over. Allow chocolate to completely set up.
- After popcorn is completely dry, add as many or as few Sixlets as desired.