Sweet Potato Banana Bites
School’s coming. This year my aim is to be prepared with healthy but kid approved snacks for after school. These sweet potato banana bites are a perfect little treat. Not only do I like them, but my 2-year-old and my 7-year-old both approved and asked for more. They’re gluten free and dairy free. So, those who have sensitivities or allergies to those can have these too.
These little bites take next to no time to whip up. Using a blender makes it even faster.
Because they don’t have any flour in them, they have a texture more like a very dense pumpkin pie. Kind of custard-like. And I like that because I love custards anyway.
They’re not overly sweet, but definitely sweet enough for me and obviously they’re also sweet enough for my kids.
So, go and whip up a batch of these today for a great after school snack.
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (approx 2 medium)
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 T honey
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Optional mix-ins: raisins, dark chocolate chips, fruit, chia seeds, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sweet potato, banana, peanut butter, eggs, honey, and cinnamon in a blender. Blend well.
- Stir in any additional mix-ins and spoon into greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 18 minutes.