It’s really no secret that I love popcorn treats. I’ve made St. Patrick’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn, Mother Goose Popcorn, and Old Fashion Popcorn just to name a few. So today I’m bringing you a recipe for Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Popcorn.
I’ve said it before, but the best white chocolate for coating popcorn is Peter’s White Caps. Why? Because it’s made with butter fat. Think about it. What goes best with popcorn? Butter. So it makes sense that the most ideal white chocolate for popcorn would be one with butter fat. Right? Right. Seriously. I’ve eaten white chocolate popcorn before that’s had other white chocolates on it or even just white confectioner coatings, and it’s just not as delicious.
So, here’s a quick, easy, and tasty Valentine’s Day treat you can make for your family and friends. Both kids and adults love this stuff.
- 1/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- Valentine's Day candy (I used Sixlets, but M&M's, sprinkles, conversations hearts, or really any other candy will work fine.)
- 1/2 cup Peter's White Caps, unmelted
- 1/4 cup Peter's White Caps, unmelted
- Powdered pink food coloring
- In an air popper or on the stove top, pop the popcorn. Pour into a large bowl. Add pretzels and candy. Mix to combine.
- Melt 1/2 cup of White Caps. Pour over popcorn mixture and stir will to evenly coat all the popcorn and pretzels.
- Spread out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and allow white chocolate to completely set.
- Melt 1/4 cup White Caps and add powdered pink food coloring to desired hue. Drizzle over popcorn and allow to set.
- If you want to add a little extra touch with a drizzle of pink chocolate, be sure to use POWDERED food coloring. Liquids and pastes will cause your white chocolate to seize.