I like easy but cute little gifts to pass around to neighbors and friends each holiday season. Our schedules all get so busy this time of year that making elaborate neighbor gifts can be a huge drain on our time. Or a drain on our bank accounts if we choose to buy something already made. This 5-minute cookie cutter fudge can be made in the microwave, producing a quick and delightful little gift to give to your neighbors. And it’s very inexpensive. Double win!
Putting the fudge into metal cookie cutters adds so the cute and fun factor. Add some sprinkles or crushed peppermint bits on top, slip it into a festive cellophane bag, and tie it off with a ribbon. It’s that easy.
Let’s talk fudge:
Just a note: When you’re melting the chocolate, butter, and sweetened condensed milk, it’s best to let the residual heat from the bowl and the already melted chocolate melt the rest of it. Don’t microwave it to death. You’ll probably find that when you’re stirring it, it begins to come together into one mass and looks a little grainy. Don’t fret if this happens. Just continue on. When it sets, it’ll still be smooth and so creamy.
I found that the best way to get the fudge into the cookie cutters is to pipe it in. Spoon the fudge into a zip top bag, snip one corner, and squeeze the fudge out into all the nooks and crannies of your cookie cutters. You might have to spread it with a small spoon to smooth it out on top.
We carry a variety of holiday themed cookie cutters. From gingerbread men to snowflakes and Christmas trees to angels. We also have a wide selection of cellophane bags. Come on in to our store and check it out!
- 3 cups good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- sprinkles, crushed peppermint, etc.
- Prepare cookie cutters by placing each one on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (Alternately, you can line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil and lightly grease.) Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, combine the chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter. Stir together.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until completely melted. You may need to microwave it for another 30 seconds to get it fully melted.
- Add vanilla and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spoon fudge into a zip top bag and snip one corner. Pipe into each cookie cutter. (Alternately, you can spoon the whole batch of fudge into a 9x9 baking pan and cut into squares when set.)
- Sprinkle with sprinkles, crushed peppermint, etc.
- Allow to set.
- Package in a festive cellophane bag and tie off with a ribbon.