There is nothing as satisfying as a great Sausage Gravy recipe. We love this version of our Grandma Eloise’s Sausage and Gravy that is perfect for the lightest and fluffiest biscuits.
- 1 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or more as needed)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Cook sausage in a large, deep cast iron skillet over a medium-high heat. Stir until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Remove the sausage and drain on a paper towels, leaving about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of the drippings in the skillet. Add the oil to the pan.
- Sprinkle the flour over the drippings and oil in the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the flour is browned. Add the milk, 1/2 cup at a time and cook until the gravy has the consistency that you desire. Stir in the sausage and season with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Serve over biscuits or mashed potatoes.