Dessert is the best part of any Valentine’s Day dinner, right? (wink) Who can say no to dessert, especially when it’s a Raspberry Ganache Tart? But Valentine’s Day desserts should be fancy, right? Yup, I agree. But that doesn’t mean they need to be difficult and time consuming to make. This pie has a handful of ingredients and just a few simple steps later, you have yourself a nice fancy, delicious Valentine’s Day dessert.
It is so smooth and chocolatey and the tartness of the raspberries cuts through the sweetness of the chocolate, creating a perfect combination.
A word to the wise: Don’t use chocolate chips. Chocolate chips taste like chocolate chips, if you know what I mean. Don’t get me wrong, chocolate chips definitely have their place, but when you’re making a fancy dessert, opt for a high quality chocolate. The flavor difference is very noticeable. If you use chocolate chips, your tart will taste like chocolate chips. I used our staff and customer favorite Midnight Delight. It’s a semi-sweet chocolate that (to me) tastes like the cookie part of an Oreo. It’s delicious, trust me.
I hope you’ll make this easy dessert for your Valentine’s Day and enjoy it every bit as much as I did. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used Midnight Delight)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, divided
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 10-inch tart pan.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Put chopped chocolate in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour cream over chocolate and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Blend with a whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the jam.
- Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Arrange berries on top of pie.
- Microwave remaining jam and water in a small microwaveable bowl for 30 seconds. Stir until blended. Brush onto berries.
- Keep refrigerated.