World’s Best Smoked Chicken Rub Recipe
How to Make a Smoked Chicken Rub
I think it is essential that the rub must enhance the flavor of the meat without overpowering it. There must be a balance between each ingredient so there is no confusing your palate. I feel this chicken rub is perfectly balanced to allow a spicy and yet robust flavor when you are smoking chicken low and slow. There is nothing that aggravates me more than when you make a spice rub and all the ingredients can only be obtained through mail order or a super high-end mega mart. This rub only has household spices.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the above ingredients and mix completely with a fork until it as been well combined.
- You can combine this rub with 1/2 cup of olive oil and you can make a marinade or paste to infuse additional flavor with your chicken prior to smoking.